Coding and Computer Classes
Digital learning is a wonderful way to enhance learning for our students. We offer coding and computer classes to our 4th, 5th and 6th class each year as well as providing numerous opportunities for our younger children to access computer technology.
Sport and physical activity form a huge part of daily life in Drom NS. We offer a wide range of sporting activities to our students including:
- GAA – Hurling, Camogie, Gaelic Football
- Games – basketball, rounders, rugby
Music and Drama
Here are some of the Music and Drama activities that we take part in at Drom National School:
- Annual Concert
- All pupils taught tin whistle from Junior Infants – Sixth Class. Tuition in other instruments also available
- Music Generation
- The children partake in the school choir and sing in the church at Confirmation & First Holy Communion
- They learn how to read music
- Listen to music from many cultures and time periods
- Make instruments
The children learn to express ideas, feelings and experiences in an enjoyable way in the following areas:
- Paint and colour
- Fabric and fibre
- Artists are frequently invited to work in the school with our pupils and teachers.
- The school has also taken part in the Artist in the Primary School Scheme on a number of occasions.
We use drama to explore feelings, knowledge and ideas, leading to understanding.
- All children from Junior Infants to 6th class take part in the School Christmas and Easter Concert.
Quizzes and Charity Events in Drom N.S.
- Credit Union Quiz
- GAA Quiz
- Charity Cake Sales
- Trocáire Lenten Campaign
- Team Hope Shoebox Appeal
- National Tree Day
- Maths Week
- Science Week
- Engineers Week
- Catholic Schools Week including Grandparents Day
- Safer Internet Day
- World Book Day
- National School Sport Week
- And many more …