Music and Drama
Here are some of the Music and Drama activities that we take part in at Drom National School:
- Annual Christmas Concert
- All pupils taught tin whistle from First to Sixth Class.
- Fifth and Sixth Class take part in An Cumann Scoildrámaíochta each year.
- Irish Dancing each year from January to Easter for all classes.
- The children partake in the school choir and sing in the church at Christmas, Confirmation & First Holy Communion.
- Take part in Scór na bPáistí: Solo singing, recitation, set dancing, quiz and ballad group
- They learn how to read music
- This year, the children learned how to play drums.
- Listen to music from many cultures and time periods.
- Make instruments.
The children learn to express ideas, feelings and experiences in an enjoyable way in the following areas:
- Paint and colour
- Fabric and fibre
- Artists are frequently invited to work in the school with our pupils and teachers.
- This year the children learned how to work with clay and made many magnificent clay models.
- There is also plans to introduce knitting, sewing and crochet in the coming years.
- The school has also taken part in the Artist in the Primary School Scheme.
We use drama to explore feelings, knowledge and ideas, leading to understanding.
- All children from Junior Infants to 6th class take part in the School Christmas Concert.
Quizzes and Charity Events in Drom N.S.
- Scór na bPáistí: Tráth na gCeist
- Credit Union Quiz
- Guess the Score!
- INTO Handwriting Competition